Fighting Coronavirus and Seasonal Flu
Let’s Work Together to Fight Novel Coronavirus and Other Seasonal Flu
Keeping bikes and scooters clean is essential to having a welcoming service for public use. Just as users should be able to rely on bikes and scooters working well mechanically, they should also be able to be confident that their ride is clean and sanitized. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has asked Americans to prepare for the spread of the coronavirus and other seasonal diseases, so we are immediately enacting new measures to ensure the safety of all our RideKC Bikes and Scooters.
RideKC Bike & Scooter is proactively taking steps to minimize exposure to customers and employees, and we are asking for your help, as well.
Here’s what RideKC Bike and Scooter is doing:
- All bikes and scooters will be chemically sanitized with every maintenance check, movement between hubs, and repairs.
- Surfaces such as grips, frames, and locking mechanisms will be wiped down with sanitizer.
- The field and shop operations team is taking extra steps to ensure clean and sanitized working areas.
Here’s what RideKC Bike and Scooter customers can do:
- Wash their hands thoroughly and frequently, which is still the best preventive action.
- Avoid touching their face after being in public places.
- Cover their sneezes and coughs.
- If you see an unhygienic surface on a RideKC Bike or Scooter, report it to the operator via the app or call customer service at 816-945-9545.
RideKC Bike and Scooter will immediately remove any device from service for cleaning if a rider creates an unsanitary condition from a sickness of any kind.
Many questions about novel coronavirus can be answered at the Missouri Department of Health website: https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/