RideKC e-bikes are now available at parks and destinations throughout the City of Lenexa, Kansas! This new system features a first-of-its-kind electric-assist bike model that operates in a hybrid “dockless” format. Bikes are located at bike rack “hubs” in each location, which can be found using the RideKC Bike app. Bike hub locations include:
- Black Hoof Park, Oak Shelter parking lot
- Black Hoof Park, Stone Wall Shelter parking lot
- Lenexa civic campus, trail west of the Lenexa Rec Center
- Central Green Park entrance
- Little Mill Creek Park
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park, east of Legler Barn
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park, Grand Pavilion parking lot
- Old Town Lenexa, east of the historic business district
*Exact hub locations for each park can be found in the RideKC Bike app. Bikes are only available during park hours.
These bikes will complement the existing RideKC Bike pedal bikes located at two Lenexa-area Johnson County Park & Recreation District bike share locations in the Mill Creek Streamway and Shawnee Mission Parks.
The Lenexa system allows users to scan a bike to check it out, ride it safely, and then return it at any authorized hub location. Every bike has both a cable lock that wraps around a fixed object, and a wheel lock that automatically closes through the rear wheel, ensuring responsible parking. Bikes are one dollar to unlock and 10 cents per minute. RideKC Bike is providing enhanced sanitation methods to ensure rider safety with every maintenance check, movement between hubs, and repairs.