Job Opening: Fleet Technician
Deadline: Open until filled, posted July 30th, 2020
Status: Full time, non-exempt, one year contract
Reports to: RikeKC Bike Share Director
Location: 1106 E. 30th Street, Kansas City, MO 64109
(Remote work is not available for this position)
RideKC Bike and Scooter is seeking a skilled mechanic to repair and maintain our fleet of electric bikes, pedal bikes, and scooters. Fleet technicians keep the vehicles and related equipment in a safe and smooth working condition for our users. You are expected to be creative in trouble shooting technical issues that arise and help develop standard procedures to test and maintain the fleet on a day to day basis.
- Vehicle maintenance and repairs from screw tightening to complex electronic parts replacement
- Maximize the number of operational vehicles in the fleet
- Loading and unloading vehicles to and from vans at bike shop and hubs
- Repairs log and record keeping
- Create and adhere to processes for efficient vehicle management
- Spare parts and hardware management
- Work in tandem with the operations team on collaborative tasks
- Follow company policies & protocols
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor in line with system goals
- Promote a healthy and safe biking culture.
- 3+ years of experience as a mechanic or technician in a related industry
- Strong attention to detail with ability to build and enforce processes
- Some basic knowledge and skills in dealing with electricals
- Some basic computer skills with ability to use simple software tools for reporting and record keeping
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving a transport van or truck
- Smartphone with a minimum data plan
- Ability to lift ~50lbs of weight
To excel in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated, driven, keen on being part of an ambitious team of leaders and volunteers, and prepared to get a little sweaty during hot days. This role is ideal for operationally inclined trained mechanics who want to learn and grow in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry. Apply if you believe you have the ability to work both independently and with teams in a flexible setting.
Fair Chance Background check
If selected for this position, you will be required to complete criminal and driving records backgrounds. Any past convictions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine if they are relevant to this job.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Opportunity to support urban mobility and sustainability
- Flexible startup work culture
- Ideal work environment for bike enthusiasts
- Diverse and equal opportunity employment
- Some weekend and evening work will be required
This position is funded for 12 months, and is subject to successful completion of a 90 day probationary period.
Send cover letter and resume, and to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fleet Technician”. This position is open until filled, and we encourage interested candidates to apply promptly.
No phone calls, please.
About RideKC Bike and Scooter
RideKC Bike is a public/private/nonprofit shared mobility system owned and operated by BikeWalkKC, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. The KC Area Transportation Authority and Drop Mobility are close partners in the program. We operate a fleet of electric-assist bikes, pedal bikes, and electric scooters in Kansas City, MO; North Kansas City, MO; Johnson County, KS; and soon other parts of the region. In addition to the RideKC Bike team, BikeWalkKC has teams of people working on bike education, Safe Routes to School, public policy and advocacy, urban planning, and special events.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment as well as research and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply.