Position Description: Bike Share Operations Associate
Deadline: Open until filled. Posted on May 4th, 2021
Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Terms: 6 month appointment, minimum commitment of 20 hours per week, starts at $13.15/hr
Reports to: Director of Bike Share and Business Services
Location: 1106 East 30th Street, Suite G, Kansas City, MO 64109 (with daily travel throughout the city)
RideKC Bike, a program of BikeWalkKC, is seeking part-time, temporary Operations Associates to support the RideKC bike share program, part of the RideKC family of regional transit providers. We are hiring the field operations team to help build this exciting last mile transportation system. Operations Associates are technicians, knowledge experts, our rebalancing team and the true lifeblood of our ecosystem. The main focus of an Operations Associate is to ensure that all of our bikes are appropriately parked and in good condition for users to ride.
- Monitoring e-bike and classic bike locations around Kansas City;
- Ensuring that e-bikes are located at designated Hubs and are returned to the bike share coverage area on a daily basis;
- Reporting e-bikes and classic bikes in need of repair and bringing them to the appropriate repairs location, as well as performing light maintenance and repair duties;
- Being familiar with the software and hardware to troubleshoot immediate issues and questions from users about the service;
- Promoting a healthy and safe biking community.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a smartphone with a minimum data plan (reimbursement available)
- Must have experience cycling in and around Kansas City
- Must have experience working in front-line customer service
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds of weight
- Must have a good driving record
- Experience with minor bike repairs and maintenance is preferred
- To excel in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated, driven, keen on being part of an ambitious team of leaders and volunteers, and prepared to get a little sweaty during hot days
Background Check and Driving Record
Offers of employment are conditional on completion of a background check on criminal history and driving record. Any results relevant to this position will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Bike Share.”
No phone calls.
Why RideKC Bike?
Because everyone wins! Biking is good for everyone – If just 1% of drivers switch to cycling, traffic can be reduced by up to 18%. Residents win because of affordable, accessible, and healthy transit options. Cities win because of reduced congestion, insights on transportation data, local jobs, and more. Our environment wins because of lower emissions.
About RideKC Bike
RideKC Bike is a public/private/nonprofit shared mobility system owned and operated by BikeWalkKC, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. The KC Area Transportation Authority and Drop Mobility are close partners in the program. We operate a fleet of electric-assist bikes, pedal bikes, and electric scooters in Kansas City, MO; North Kansas City, MO; Johnson County, KS; and soon other parts of the region. In addition to the RideKC Bike team, BikeWalkKC has teams of people working on bike education, Safe Routes to School, public policy and advocacy, urban planning, and special events.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment as well as research and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply.