- Download the RideKC Bike app for Android or Apple on your smartphone and set up your account in the app.
- Use the app to find a bike near you and scan the barcode on the handlebars.
- Select the bike using the app, remove the cable from lock, and enjoy your ride!
- When you’re done riding, use kickstand to prop up the bike. Wrap the cable around a public bike rack* and secure it with the wheel lock or bike lock. Follow instructions on the app to submit a picture of the bike and end your trip.
- Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri allow RideKC Bikes to be parked at publicly-accessible bike racks, sign posts, or light poles in the public right-of-way. Please be considerate of other sidewalk users and do not block bus stops, ADA ramps, hand rails, or doorways.
- Lenexa, Kansas, Johnson County Parks, and North Kansas City, Missouri allow RideKC Bikes to be parked only at RideKC Bike hubs. Find your nearest hub on the RideKC Bike app.
Have more questions? See our FAQ to learn more!